Proud Momma

I just had a revelation.  I am a mother of 3.  Three.  I have two beautiful boys that live here with me now.  They are lovely and trying and fully loved.  I have another child that is altogether unknown--where they live, how old they are, and even what sex they are (I use they because it is less awkward than always writing him/her, even though we are most likely only adopting 1 child).  I don't know anything at all about my third child, but I do know this--that child is fully loved too.  I can't wait to fill in the details of the unknown and let them receive the love so due to them. 
 
In the meantime, I'll dote on the boys that I have here with me...
 
 
Korban had his first t-ball practice!  I was a ridiculously proud mom.  It rained for most of the practice, but K was so eager to do it all!  Look at that face...mouth open in crazy anticipation of a ball being thrown.  Too bad he hasn't a clue what to do with that glove!  All in good time...

 
See what I mean?  There was a lot of ball chasing going on!

 
This is his first time using a "t" for batting.  We pitch to him at home regularly and he can hit!  So, it was quite funny trying to see him hit the stationary ball...he slammed it a few times! 
 
When I asked him afterwards what his favourite part of practice was, he yelled (no surprise there), "running around the track!"  You mean bases?  We've got a lot of learning to do!

 
After baseball K had a birthday party to go to, so Shalem and I had a special date.  Hot cocoa and chocolate chip cookies never was more fun.  Our conversation went something like this:
 
Me:  What's your favourite colour?
Shay:  Shirt.
Me:  What do you want to be when you grow up?
Shay:  Baseball.
Me:  How's your hot cocoa? 
Shay:  Good.
 
Conversation with a 2 year old is so deep.   One thing that came through loud and clear?
 
Me:  You know, we're going to have another baby in the house.  Do you want it to be a girl or a boy?
Shay:  Girl!
Me:  Korban is your brother, he's a boy. (trying to make sure he understands the question) Do you want another boy, or a girl?
Shay:  2 girls!
 
 
 
I may not have a photo to dote on, or a cute conversation to recount of our youngest child.  What I have is this.  A painting that tells a story of God's faithfulness.  Our home will soon hold one more body and updates on the painting will soon be replaced with sweet photos of my little one. 
 
I am, unashamedly so, a proud momma--of THREE!
 

Comments

Popular Posts