Family Fishing

I thought after yesterday's post, I'd do something a little more light-hearted!  What's more light than fishing?  Kokanee season is upon us--well, to be more exact it was upon us, and is gone again already!  The first week of April we tried our hand at catching some of those small, freshwater salmon. 
 
 
A good friend of ours loaned us his boat, and off we went.  I wouldn't describe our first ever family outing on a boat as having gone smoothly.  I will say, however, that it could be considered a success!  No one fell in, or got a hook anywhere except where it belonged, and we caught fish!

 
Korban was thrilled at the speed of the boat! 

 
Shalem watching Jas bring in our first fish of the morning.

 
Our first two fish of the day!  We caught 5 in total.  It was enough for supper, plus leftovers!

 
Shalem looking like a happy camper. 

 
Doesn't he look like a fisherman?  Love my handsome husband!!

 
And just to prove I was there...ok, this picture doesn't actually prove anything, but I promise I took it on the boat!
 
Hopefully this will be something we'll get to do more of.  Spending time on the water is so relaxing such an adventure!  It is worth all the work to catch our own supper! 

Comments

Popular Posts