Winds of Change

Today is the first day of spring.  SPRING!  It either rained or snowed for most of the day.  Yesterday it was 8 degrees and sunny; the park was full of kids enjoying the day!

The weather is run by the wind.  It blows clouds in, brings the rain, and drives them away moments later.
The winds bring change and oh how the winds are blowing in our lives.


We are in the midst of taking our adoption education course.  This is week 3 of 12.  So far it is going well, but seems to be taking a long time to complete the assignments.  Change:  our evening dynamic.
 

We got the call today from our social worker!  This means that next week Thursday, we'll be meeting with her the first time!  I'm feeling super excited because this is a big step in moving closer to completing "phase 1" of this process, but I'm also nervous!  What types of things will she be looking at?  I already feel like I need to vacuum and get pictures hung, grow some grass, and have perfect kids--what else?!?  Change:  an outside perspective.
 

I have been crafting like crazy for the April craft fair I signed up for.  It has been a little point of stress, but super fun at the same time.  Painting peg people is so relaxing and fun!!  Confused?  Yeah, me too--I'm finding it fun to express my craftiness (take that how you will) and also feel pressure to have plenty to sell at the fair (my first one ever!).  Change:  another task to add to the lot.

Through all this change, I remain thankful.  Not everything is easy, but it is all good.  Did you catch that?   It is all good.  Because God is good, and the things that are hard or stress causing have goodness hidden in them.  The class is teaching me, the social worker will ask us good questions, and my crafting allows me to be creative while providing monetarily.

The winds of change may blow, I look forward to what they bring...one day soon, my child home to me.

Comments

The Ke Family said…
We will pray that the winds blow favourably for your family.
Wish I could be there to help with your crafting.
P

Popular Posts