Busy

The past few weeks, and consequently the next 2, have been unusually busy.  There are many things that contribute to business...work, kids, marriage, church, living in a foreign country (darn immigration paperwork), the adoption, being on the board of 2 non-profits, and other unexpected events.  

Are you tired yet?  Just writing that list made me exhausted--and I didn't even get to the things that I want to do for fun!  I am so thankful for this project of naming the things in my life to be thankful for.  It has helped me stay grounded and keep my attitude in check during these busy times.  

 Oh to live like a child, consumed by what it is that leads you...your heart's desire!  No more pulling and tugging by mundane, yet necessary tasks!  Because daily life is the "ugly" stuff, the trick becomes getting my life in line with HIS heart's desire for me.  

 For me, this looks like, more and more, a thankfulness for even the unwanted things.  Laundry, dirty diapers, paperwork, and wiping off the dog's muddy paws can all become things of grace.  My disposition towards those things is what needs to change, perhaps not those things themselves.

So, here's to another day of bending my knee, my head, and my heart in gratitude for this life.  To do what I must, to check it with His will for me, and to give thanks.  

(Just because I'm a teacher and can't help myself...did anyone else notice how nicely my 2 year old grips his pencil?? He's a natural!)

Comments

Popular Posts