2 Years Old

Two years ago, on this day, I was hugely pregnant and 4 days overdue.  There is nothing like the anticipation an unknown child to drive a person crazy!  And now, 730 days later, I'm still as crazy as ever. 
 
 
I have a 2 year old son that loves to snuggle, has deep-set eyes and a crooked pinky like his daddy, throws like Tom Seaver when he's angry, and is fiercely independent.  His curly hair and the dimple in his right cheek are show-stoppingly cute.  And he is seriously feisty. 
  
Once, when my eldest was about a year old, I had a conversation with a manager in a Vancouver health food store.  He also had one child, similarly aged to my own.  I gushed over my son and emphatically claimed my intentions to have another.  This man, a father of 1, carried the opposite sentiment.  He explained, "I can't imagine having another.  How could I possibly love anothe as much?"
 
It hasn't been easy having a second child.  For all his sweetness and cuddles there is an awful lot of crying, whining, and throwing!  And sleep...oh, don't even get me started on sleep.  Yet, there is love abounding for 2 boys.  Yes, 2. 
 
That man in the store had it all wrong.  Having another child didn't mean love divided, it meant loving twice as much.
  
Happy Birthday to my beautiful baby.  

Comments

Popular Posts