Pumpkin Carving 2012

Have you ever tried to carve a pumpkin with a 4 year old?  It is this strange mix of desire to wield a knife coupled with little arm muscles that can not push the knife through the pumpkin flesh.  This pairing means mom's hands are dangerously close to the blade's edge.  Repeatedly.
 
 
See what I mean?  He wants so badly to cut, poke, and make some sort of "super cool" design, but his beautiful little arms are just wildly swinging about.  Yikes!
 

Something I already knew about my precious boy was reinforced during the fun.  He doesn't like to get his hands dirty.  I could not convince him to scrape the innards out of the pumpkin.  Next year, I need to cut a bigger opening in the top (umm, that hole was pretty tiny for my mom-sized arm)!
 

 
Thankfully we came away from the event with no cuts. Not one. (it helps that I chose the wimpy pumpkin carving knife) The best part of the evening? That after we searched the web for awesome pumpkin designs, he asked to carve a cross. "It's for Jesus mom!" Melt.My.Heart!
 

Comments

Popular Posts