Bathtub Painting

This is a season of rain, brisk air, daddy going hunting, and a whole lot of indoors.
 
That means we need more fun!  No better time to try a pinterest idea, originally found at the Team Dischinger website.
 
 
All it took was a few simple ingredients we had on hand!  Corn starch, baby soap, water, and food colouring.  Simple!  I mixed about 2 tbsp of corn starch, 1/8 cup baby soap, 1/4 cup water, and then pourd it into an old egg plastic egg carton.  Then, in each separate space I added food colouring to make a rainbow of colours. 
 
I guess I should mention here that I didn't have red.  SO, I substitued red food icing for the dye.  I just put a healthy squirt of it in the containers I needed to and then added the other food colouring to make purple, orange, etc.   It worked okay, but having the red dye would have been ideal!
 
 
I had to hold the container for Shay because I didn't want him to spill it on the floor.  (the only ledge we have in the tub that is big enough to hold the container was the outside ledge)

 
They look pretty happy with the paints, don't they??

 
The only thing I would do different next time is to add more colouring to make the paints more vivid.  I added about 3-4 drops to each little portion (plus the red icing in the ones that needed it).
 
 
They looked bright in the egg container, but once the boys started painting with them, the colours seemed more muted.

 
Well, that was the fun we needed!  Bathtub paints are definitely a hit, and I will surely make them again.  The activity lasted about 40 minutes, then we took a normal bath afterwards! 
 
Have you guys done anything to keep away the "stuck inside" blues?  Drop me a line and share your ideas!
 
PS, I linked up to the Young House Love fall pinterest challenge.  Go see what other bloggers have been creating!
 


Comments

Popular Posts