10 Year Reunion

Well folks, I did it. I had my 10 year high school reunion. Why did I go? Well after having done it, I ask myself the same question. Seems people don't change much. The same people who were nice during high school were still nice and the same people who ignored me or felt they were superior during high school still acted that way. It is weird to see adults brush coldly past one another when they obviously recognize each other and haven't seen each other in well, 10 years! Maybe it was the location...a moderately dumpy bar located downtown with no space to walk around or for their regular customers to enjoy a meal. Maybe it was the food...ribs and beans for 11 bucks (I mean really, who wants to eat ribs in front of people you haven't seen for 10 years). Or maybe it was the fact that there was no program to give us something to talk about. Maybe it was me...did I not put out enough effort or some vibe that said, "FU!?!" I don't know what it was, but it wasn't anything great.
Thanks to all those people who did say hi and spent some time getting to know what we've been up to. It was good to talk to you! For all those who just stared and snickered like old times, good riddance until 2018.

Comments

Unknown said…
I hate to admit it, but that's a lot of why I was afraid to go! Luckily, work got me off the hook. Hope you're well!!
lankfactor said…
I'm with Bonny... work got me off the hook. Thanks for telling it how it is. :)

Popular Posts