The day that changed our lives...

The big day has finally arrived. March 2nd , 2008, 7:02 am. Words can not express the joy that comes from meeting a new life, created by God, that comes from your very being. The pain, the endurance, and the determination it takes to bring a life into the world to not compare the joy of first seeing a little being emerge.

Our story starts on Thursday, February 28th and ends early Sunday morning. Let's just say that I never (and I mean never) thought that our child would be late (one week to the day) and take a wopping 3 days to come out! Even in the midst of all the misery of birth (the pain and discomfort) there are so many precious and absolutely hysterical moments. Jason and I have laughed so many times already about the crazy things I found myself doing just to get through. Let's just say that travelling to the hospital at 3:00am in the cargo area of our jeep with my head on the floor and my bum in the air (to avoid pushing him out too early) is just a little sampling of the hysteria! If you want to hear more of our story then one of us will gladly share some of it, but
I'll spare you the nitty gritty details just in case you aren't so sure of all this info!
Korban Elias Ashley arrived into our lives with tears and shouts! He weighed 9 lbs. 6 oz. and is 22 inches long. I am positive that at least 3 of those inches occur in his feet! He has the longest feet I have seen on a baby! He has a head full of medium brown hair and has dark gray eyes and perfect skin. Could I possibly dote on him anymore? Probably, but I'll spare you for now and just let you see for yourselves.
Here are some of our favorite pictures so far...Enjoy our son, we sure are!

Jason getting some "skin to skin" time with Korban

Jason and Korban enjoying each other at home.

Korban, 2 days old.

Look at Korban's hair!!


He even looks smart in his sleep!!

Comments

Heather said…
Congratulations you guys!! What a beautiful boy - and Tracey, what a champ you are!
Enjoy your family of 3. :)
Jess said…
I was so excited to see you posted pics!!! He is so adorable. I wish I could be there to see him. I am anxious to hear more details of his birth story!
Unknown said…
So cute! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
The Ke Family said…
Where are the pictures of his FEET!!!!!
We are OVER-joyed for you and can't wait to meet the new star.
Praise God for new life!
Michelle Allen said…
Hello!!!! I can't believe that you had a 9 pounder (you that is arkansas talk!) What little Korban weighed is about what both of mine weighed put together! He is so cute. That hair and if you did not have heart burn over that, you are so lucky. Through the last five weeks you know our family have alot of ups and downs with medical issues, but in the end God gave us little Korban. That is what life is all about, the giving. So, take every moments and don't lost the fact that Korban was a gift and love him lost all the time. Even when you think nothing will satisfy him, but I know that you and Jason will be great parents. Also, don't forget when he gets to be two and three, JUST Laugh. You will know what I am talking about in a few years. But for right now, just get as many kisses as you can!!! We love you all and we can't wait to see litte Korban! Michelle, Bryan, Bryson, and Brayden

Popular Posts