Nope, not yet...

So, here I sit...looking out the window at a beautiful February morning. Three days left until the due date of our first child. Wow...it is amazing how the anticipation is killing me. You'd think I would be able to relax and enjoy the quiet moments before the biggest change of my life, but I just can't! Sure, I love having time to rest, read, or do whatever I want, but this whole thing about waiting--I am not a very patient person I guess!
A phrase Jason and I have used over and over again has just come to mind, "patience of hope." Hope definitely works patience in us!! I am hoping that today will be the birthday of our child, but if not, I will have to wait again. And maybe again, and again, and again. There is nothing like looking forward to something with great expectation and joy. What a trial and a triumph once it arrives.
It is also amazing to note the impatience of all our friends and family. Well, excitement often feels like impatience anyhow. I think I have learned a great lesson from this experience...don't ask an expecting mother how much longer she has left! It is getting increasingly harder to deal with the level of excitement and anticipation others are feeling. I never knew until now how hard it was to say time and again, "no, not yet." I'm saying this not to make others feel bad, or to get anyone to stop calling (because your calls often take my mind off of the waiting), but to maybe raise an awareness that it is even harder for the mom-to-be to wait than it is for everyone else.
Ok, enough ramblings about my "3 more days" (and please, please, don't remind me that it could be 13, OK?!?).
Signing off until our little one arrives....

Comments

Jess said…
I'm so glad you wrote because I have been wondering how you are doing! I'm excited for you! You know there are a few ways to start labor.....

Popular Posts